Dave and I decided a while ago that we didn’t want cable in our house. I really see no need to pay for trash and I certainly don’t want my child seeing it. We do keep up with the news online, but I even try to limit that because of all the negative stories I hear. I am usually good at not letting what I do hear get to me too deeply but some things hit your heart and it takes a while to let go.
The other day I turned on the computer and saw a picture of hundreds of women fighting for late term abortions in Texas. It hit me like a mac truck. I was shocked, sad, and angry all at the same time. I am so saddened that these are the same people who will scream till they are blue in the face that we need harsher gun laws because even if it will “save just one life” it will be worth it. What cowardly hypocrites! How many millions of lives are you ending by fighting for late term abortions. You get so so upset and claim that people are trying to take away your freedom of choice, but you seem to forget that you had the choice to not have sex in the first place. You seem to forget that there is a living being inside of you with a heart beat that can feel pain. You seem to forget that pregnancy is temporary and there are so many precious families wanting and praying for a baby to adopt.
At that moment I felt so defeated and so sad that it really kept me down for a few days. I think what makes me so sad is that some day I will have to explain to my daughter that there is so much hate and evil and sin in this world that sometimes it does seem like a dark place to live in.
I get my strength by remembering that God is good. He is so good all the time and he has not abandoned us. Even when all we see around is anger and wrong doing, He is good. God can take our sadness and it use it for good. He can take our fears and turn it into faith. He will not let go of us, even in a world that’s letting go of Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment