Tuesday, July 13, 2010
This little light of mine...
...went out last night! Actually it was at 4am, our power went out. Dave is out of town, so already I am not sleeping great. I finally fall asleep around 1am and the next thing I know the baby monitor is making some crazy noises. I try to turn on the lamp and of course it wont turn on, but I still have no clue that we are powerless. I use my cell phone to find the door and go to turn on the living room light and still get nothing. Ok, at this point normal people would think darn, the power went out. Not me!!! I freak out. I am not kidding when I say that the next thought that goes through my mind is: someone has cut our power, come into the house, taken Abby and left! O yes, I went there! Keep in mind that it is 4 am and I am home alone. So naturally I go running into Abby's room only to find that of course she is sound asleep, has no clue that anything has happened. Whew, that was a close one! So after I put my heart back in my chest I looked outside and realized that the whole block has lost power, not just me. So, I put my big girl undies on, and went back to bed. The power was back on shortly after, thank goodness because it was getting pretty hot! Heres the thing, I am mostly a logical person. I know good and well that we live in a safe neighborhood. I know that we have a 90 pound American Bulldog that would literally kill anyone who tried to come in our house in the middle of the night. However, I am still a mom who loves her daughter more than she will ever know, and even though I may seem a little crazy at times, it's all in the name of motherhood!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LOL!LOL!LOL!! I can just picture you freaking out!!
ReplyDeleteLOLOLOLOLOL! Oh, I see Pamela has already said this! Very funny....not at the time, I'm sure. It IS scary and when you are home, alone and you are woken up in the middle of the night, you don't think straight! xoxox Glad you're all OK!
ReplyDelete