Friday, July 9, 2010

It's really kinda sad...

Last Sunday as Dave and I were trying to decide which church service to go to we sort of had our own little "wow" moment. We were weighing the pros and cons of each choice and when we were talking about the later service one of us said " I just wish it wasn't in the middle of the day. You don't really have time to get much else done afterwards". Hmmm, wow! Last time I checked isn't Sunday meant to be a day of worship? Then we really started thinking...how sad is it that we feel like giving up an hour of our time to God is such a task. It really makes me sad when I start to think about all the excuses we have used to get out of church. Having a child really helps! It amazes me that it is such a chore for us and many other people to make it to church. I find it so sad that we make such a big deal about giving up one hour to learn about God and the Bible, yet whenever we need Him, He is just a prayer away. I really hope there never comes a day when I need to pray and He says " Yep, I am listening, but make it quick I have somewhere to be". So, we make it to church and all throughout service there is a guy in the aisle across from us with 2, not kidding you, 2 cell phones. He texts on both phones the entire service! Ironically the service had to do with having too much stuff! Have we become so self involved that we can't give our Lord an hour of our time with no distractions?

3 comments:

  1. So true and I know EXACTLY what you mean! I am always asking myself when I pray if God is making some time for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! :) I'm sending this to my dad RIGHT NOW! Maybe he can share it with his congregation. Growing up as a preachers daughter I have heard every excuse under the SUN! This message is very true and I love the way you put it!

    LOVE THE BLOG! :)
    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Erin! It is such a blessing to hear about your faith, cousin! There are a LOT of people your age, heck, mine too, who have no idea what you are talking about...they skip church every Sunday and have no relationship with God. I love your blog. What a great idea...way to share...keep in touch....and express yourself. Love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete